Workplace identity theft risk is high in current business scenario. Identity theft can be damaging and can impact bottom line and reputation of your business very badly. Employers make sure that all the security measures are in place but even then, they must not be overconfident. Thieves are always one step ahead, even if a small readable sensitive information gets in their hands this can be damaging for your business.
Digital and hard copies need protection
Business owners use password protection and encrypted software to protect their digital records but you must have heard all the horrifying hacking news. Even if companies use spyware, firewalls, and other security tools to fortify their media storage devices and computers hackers are one step ahead, safe guarding computers are helpful but what about data stored in hard copies. In some industries, documents are still needed, so this defines increased risk if papers don’t get disposed properly.
In case, unwanted sensitive documents don’t get destroyed regularly then they accumulate and the chances of falling in wrong hands increases. Even someone in your staff may end up being an identity thief. It is crucial to protect every kind of confidential information at workplace – digital or hard copy. Office shredders are helpful but not productive in offices where there is loads of paperwork involved. Employees have to spend more time to handle piles of paper shredding. Regular office shredders take few sheets, so it is time-consuming and obviously inefficient option.
Reasons to hire paper shredding services
- You know that the crucial files to be disposed get collected directly from collection container for secure shredding.
- It will be shredded on site or offsite, as per your preference.
- Certificate of destruction will verify that the documents got shredded as per legal standards.
Obviously, destroying digital storage and documents need to be a routine of business operations. To protect sensitive documents and avoid high identity theft risk –
- Hire right staff after a thorough background check and even identify what step they would take in specific situations, after they get hired.
- Office paper work needs proper organization, so have clutter eliminated every week or month. Organized office space allows staff to find documents and files easily. It will be difficult to steal neatly put away files.
- Hire professional shredding company to dispose business and customer’s confidential data safely and efficiently.
Medical practices, law firms and financial institutions are top three businesses that hoard client’s sensitive data. In general, every business matter because mishandling customer’s sensitive information can bring severe penalties. It is wise to hire professionals to save time and energy. The cost is affordable, when you compare it to the high risk of possible identity theft.